Saturday, October 15, 2016

Take It Sleazy


Jeff—Saturday

I’m sitting on a porch in Scottsdale, Arizona when such a fine sight came to me--a parody of one of my favorite Eagles’ songs “Take it Easy,” inspired by current Presidential Erection politics. Rather than screaming or taking up blood pressure medicine, I thought I’d just share it with you, and damn the slings and arrows that may follow…to reference yet anther long-haired favorite’s work.


Here goes:

Well, I'm running down the road
tryin' to loosen my load
I've got seven women on
my mind,
Four that kinda own me,
Two million wanna stone me,
Not even one a friend of mine
Take it easy, make it sleazy
Don't let the sound of my appeals
drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to vote my brand
and make it sleazy.
Well, I'm a standing in a corner
in a lonesome kind of zona
and such a fine sight to see
It's Putin, my friend, in a flatbed
Lada slowin' down to take a look at me
Come on, baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet voice is
gonna vote for me 
I may lose and I may win, knowin’
I’ll never be here again
I’ve opened up, and jumped all in,
to make it sleazy
I’m running for election but my wandering
erection’s brought a load of trouble to my kind
lookin' for a voter who can’t see my
cover, she's so hard to find
Make it easy, take it sleazy
can't let the sound of voters’ squeals
drive me crazy
come on baby, don't say maybe
I gotta know if your sweet vote is
gonna save me, oh oh oh
And make it so easy
To take our country sleazy.


—Jeff

10 comments:

  1. OMG! This is absolutely perfect. I'll leave the slings and arrows to others, but frankly I think this is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't help myself. Once it started playing I kept just groping for more lyrics.

      Delete
  2. The only thing that would have made this better would be to have a video of you and Barbara performing it. But now I'm going to have that tune stuck in my head all weekend. Thanks, a lot, bub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara is back in NYC, which should explain why I have all this time on my hands....

      Delete
    2. Now you're just fishing in the desert (for sympathy). Poor wittle babeeee.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! I will never her anything by the Eagles without thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You put your finger on it, Bro. The Eagles, some of the most misogynistic lyrics in the history Ogden music. Clever, though. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will we survive the elections? And why are so many Trumpites still with the Orange Man, despite his sleaziness, obnoxiousness, greed, nonpayment of taxes, criminal acts, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete